68 - Work Zone Safety
Give 'em a Brake!
Work Zone Safety
The men and women working to restore electricity, water and sewer, traffic signals, and to clear storm-related debris from the roadways are just feet from traffic and inattentive drivers. These workers need your help to keep them safe so they can go home to their families. And it’s not just the workers who face work zone dangers. More than 90 percent of all work zone incidents result in driver or passenger injuries. So, when you give them a brake, you’re giving yourself a break.
Roadway work zone survival tips:
• Slow down, pay attention.
• Watch for bucket trucks, cranes, and other vehicles in intersections, medians, and along the side of roadways.
• Eliminate distractions. Florida law bans texting while driving.
• Expect delays, plan for them and leave early to reach your destination on time.
• Observe all posted signs.