Sign up for e-notifications for news, alerts, and events.
82 - Food And Water Points Of Distribution, Cooling Centers Open
Food And Water Points Of Distribution, Cooling Centers Open
Collier County residents affected by Hurricane Irma can go to one of four points of distribution to receive free food and water.
The Army National Guard is handing out water and meals-ready-to-eat at the following locations:
* Barron Collier High School, 5600 Cougar Drive, North Naples
* Immokalee State Farmers Market, 424 New Market Road, Immokalee
* Margood Harbor Park on Pear Tree Avenue in Goodland
* Ochopee Fire Control District Station #60, 201 Buckner Ave. N., Everglades City
These are drive-up locations. Hours of operation are from sunrise to sunset.
It is important to note that ice is NOT AVAILABLE at these locations.
In addition, Collier County Parks and Recreation has opened three cooling centers for residents without electricity from Hurricane Irma seeking relief from the heat.
Cooling centers are now open at the following locations:
* North Collier Regional Park, 15000 Livingston Road, North Naples
* Max Hasse Community Park, 3390 Golden Gate Blvd. W., Golden Gate Estates
* South Immokalee Park, 418 School Drive, Immokalee
The centers will offer bottled water and an air-conditioned place for people to sit, cool down and hydrate.
The centers are open 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. until further notice