94 - UPDATED: New Food And Water Points Of Distribution, Cooling Centers Open
UPDATED: New Food And Water Points Of Distribution, Cooling Centers Open
Collier County residents affected by Hurricane Irma can go to one of four points of distribution to receive free food and water. The K-Mart station has closed and a new station has opened.
These are drive-up locations. Hours of operation are from sunrise to sunset.
It is important to note that ice is NOT AVAILABLE at these locations.
The Army National Guard is handing out water and meals-ready-to-eat at the following locations:
* Barron Collier High School, 5600 Cougar Drive, North Naples
* Immokalee Farmers Market, 424 New Market Road, Immokalee
* Margood Harbor Park, Pear Tree Avenue, Goodland
* Ochopee Fire Control District Station #60, 201 Buckner Ave. N., Everglades City
* Station #10, 21520 Immokalee Road, Estates
Cooling centers are now open at the following locations:
* Collier Museum at Government Center, 3331 U.S. 41 E., East Naples
* Naples Depot Museum, 1051 5th Ave. S., Naples
* North Collier Regional Park, 15000 Livingston Road, North Naples
* Max Hasse Community Park, 3390 Golden Gate Blvd. W., Golden Gate Estates
* South Immokalee Park, 418 School Drive, Immokalee
The centers will offer bottled water and an air-conditioned place for people to sit, cool down and hydrate.
The centers are open 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. until further notice. The centers do not have ice.