This committee was created on December 11, 2018 when the Board of County Commissioners approved Resolution No. 2018-232. which in Section Seven contained information regarding the creation, composition, qualifications, and duties of the Committee.
Composition and Responsibility
Membership into this Committee shall not exceed nineteen (19) individuals, who shall initially be appointed by the Board. Consideration for membership will be given to ensure geographic and background diversity. Special qualifications for membership include:
- One (1) representative designated by a Veteran services organization;
- One (1) representative designated by the Collier County Sheriffs Office;
- One (1) representative designated by a Collier County grantor entity which provides funding to providers of services for mental illness and substance use disorders for adults;
- One (1) psychiatrist or psychologist, licensed to practice in Florida;
- One (1) behavioral health professional, licensed to practice in Florida;
- One (1) medical health professional;
- One (1) representative from a homelessness advocacy organization;
- One (1) representative from the David Lawrence Center, Inc. ( DLC);
- One (1) representative from the National Alliance on Mental Illness( NAMI);
- One (1) certified peer specialist;
- One (1) representative from the recovery community; Representatives from the local business community; and
- Representatives at-large with experience or a demonstrated interest in mental illness and substance use disorders.
The primary responsibility of this ad hoc Committee shall be gathering information regarding existing and future mental illness and addiction services policies, issues, programs, and plans that will support the purpose as set forth herein; serving as a public forum for a discussion of these matters; and presenting to the Board of County Commissioners a final Report and Recommendation.
Unless extended by Resolution of the Board, this Committee shall automatically sunset without further action upon making its final Report and Recommendation to the Board of County Commissioners.
|Dale Mullin||Veterans Services Organization|
|Lt. Leslie Weidenhammer||Collier County Sheriff's Office|
| Dr. Emily Ptaszek
|Susan Kimper||Licensed Behavioral Health Professional|
|Dr. Thomas Lansen||Medical Health Professional|
|Scott Burgess (Chair)||David Lawrence Center|
|Pam Baker (Vice-Chair)||National Alliance on Mental Health (NAMI)|
|Hon. Janeice Martin|| At-Large
|Robert Saunders||Collier County Grantor Agency|
|Christine Welton||Homelessness Advocacy Organization
|Michelle McLeod||Peer Specialist (City of Naples|
|Janice Rosen||Recovery community
|Commissioner Andy Solis||Board Liaison|
February 19, 2019 Starting at 8:30 am
Fifth Floor Training Room, 5th Floor @ 3299 Tamiami Trail E., Naples, Florida 34112
Previous Meeting Minutes/Materials