The five member authority was established on March 23, 1999. The purpose of this five member authority is to assist institutions for higher education in the construction, financing, and refinancing of projects as described below. One member shall be a trustee, director, officer or employee of an institution for higher education located in Collier County. Terms are five years.
1. Full Name: Collier County Educational Facilities Authority.
2. Public Purpose: To provide capital financing for projects as defined and described in the Higher Educational Facilities Law, Chapter 243, Part I, Florida Statutes (“Qualifying Projects”), and to foster institutions of higher education in Collier County.
3. Boundaries: Collier County, and in other locations in the State of Florida as may be approved by interlocal agreement approved by Collier County.
4. Services Provided: Issuance of revenue bonds to finance the cost of acquisition, construction, equipping, or rehabilitation of Qualifying Projects.
5. Authorizing statutes and Creation Documents: Chapter 243, Part I Florida Statutes, authorizes the creation of educational facilities development authorities within the State of Florida, and the Board of County Commissioners of Collier County adopted Resolution 79-34 on February 27, 1979 creating the Authority and authorizing it to act.
1. Contact Person Information
Donald A. Pickworth, Executive Director/General Counsel
5150 Tamiami Trail North
Naples, FL 34103
2. Governing Body Information
a. Appointing Authority: Board of County Commissioners of Collier County
b. Authority Members:
|District||Name||Current Term Ending Date|
|3||Barbara Minch Rosenberg, Vice Chair||03/23/23|
|1||John Agnelli, Chair||06/12/20|
|4||Clay W. Cone, Secretary||03/23/19|
|4||Alice J. Carlson||03/23/23|
Addresses for all members:
c/o Donald A. Pickworth, Executive Director
5150 Tamiami Trl N Ste 502
Naples, FL 34103
c. Registered Agent: Donald A. Pickworth [address as above]
1. The Authority’s fiscal year is from October 1 to the following September 30.
2. The Authority has no taxing power. Its revenues are derived from bond issuance fees paid by project applicants. The statutory authority for these fees is Chapter 243, Part I, Florida Statutes.
3. Collier County Educational Facilities Authority Budget for FYE 9/30/18
The Authority and its members operate under, and are subject to the applicable “Ethics Laws” as provided by the Florida Commission on Ethics. These laws are set forth on the website of the Florida Commission on Ethics.
The Authority has no employees.