Growth Management Department
Growth Management Department permitting offices have resumed operations. Some of the locations are offering modified hours and services. For full details on modified hours and services see the Collier County Government Service Updates in response to COVID-19.
What Effect Does the Governor's Emergency Orders have on Existing Permits?
Executive order 20-52, issued on March 9th, 2020, qualifies as an ‘emergency declaration’ pursuant to Florida law. Executive order 20-114 has extended EO 20-52 for an additional 60 days and is set to expire on July 7th, 2020. Any permit with an expiration date from March 9th, 2020 through July 6th, 2020 will not expire until July 7th, 2020.
Applicability of Extension Fee
Extension fee(s) will apply to the following circumstances:
- Permits having expired on or before March 8th, 2020 are NOT exempt and an extension fee will be applied.
- Permits expiring on or after July 7th, 2020 are NOT exempt and an extension fee will be applied.
Important- Chapter 252.363, F.S., allows for an additional 6 month tolling period when a formal request is made within the first 90 days from the date Executive Order 20-52 expires (May 8th, 2020). The formal request needs to detail the hardship incurred due to COVID-19 and be accompanied with an extension form.
Extension fee(s) will NOT apply to the following circumstances:
- Contractors or Owner-builders who formally request an additional 6 month tolling period within the first 90 days from the date Executive Order 20-52.
- Permits having expired on or after May 8th, 2020 where a prior attempt was made to schedule an inspection and the inspection outcome was either ‘Failed No Fee’, ‘Cancelled by Contractor’, or ‘Cancelled by Inspector’.
- These outcomes are a result of ensuring the health and safety all responsible parties involved in the inspection process.
- This would ONLY apply for inspections having taken place during time period of Executive order 20-52 being enacted.
In this critical time with the need for social distancing, Electronic Permitting allows you to submit Permit Application Packages electronically through the GMD Public Portal.
It saves travel time and allows you to submit, monitor its progress, and pay fees all from the convenience of your home, office or even the beach. The information provided on the E-Permitting page will guide you through the process and answer important questions to get you started.
You must be registered for a GMD Portal Account before being able to submit electronically. Please follow the link below to get started:
5/18/20 Update - Recorded Video Inspection - Improved Scheduling Process
In Accordance with Centers for Disease Control Guidelines
What we have learned about our original scheduling process:
Our original scheduling process has contractors schedule a recorded video inspection the same way it is done for an in-person inspection, through the GMD Public Portal or the Voice Permit System. Behind the scenes, inspection staff must track theses video requests, and make changes to the specific appointment to ensure it doesn’t get assigned to an in-person inspection route. We are learning there are gaps in this process.
The new Process: Effective Monday 5/18/2020
Do not schedule your inspection on the GMD Public Portal, we are shifting that responsibility to our scheduling staff.
Do log onto the GMD Public Portal and confirm that your permit is ready for inspection. (No permit holds for open conditions or expired licenses)
Prepare your email; it must contain all the information shown on the template below. You may add notes to the email. For example, an emergency A/C replacement may not yet have an Issued permit – add that as a note to the scheduler.
Email the request to RecordedVideo@CollierCountyFL.gov .
Videos may be recorded at your convenience, which may occur before your email request for the inspection. Please note, no videos will be reviewed until the permit is issued and the email request has been received.
You may request multiple inspections on one permit in a single email, but only one permit per email will be accepted.
Information Template for the Email request.
- All emails must contain the following information
- Company Name & Phone Number
- Submitter Name & Phone Number
- Permit Number and Job-site Address
- Inspection Code
- Optional: Notes for the Scheduler
- A/C Changeout Remote Video Inspection Checklist
- Water Heater Remote Video Inspection Checklist
- Replacement Window & Door Remote Video Inspection Checklist
- Opening Protection/Shutter Installation Remote Video Inspection Checklist
- Water Pipe Replacement Video Inspection Checklist
- Re-Roof Dry-In Flashing Video Inspection Checklist
- Re-Roof Final Video Inspection Checklist