| Andy Solis, Esq.
Andy Solis was born in Lakeland, Florida, and grew up in Gainesville, the first American-born child in a family that fled Cuba after losing everything to a Communist dictatorship. After attending the University of Alabama as a 2-time All American tennis player, Andy graduated from the Florida State University College of Law, and then clerked at the Florida Supreme Court for Justice Ben F. Overton.
Since 1993, Andy has lived, worked, and raised two wonderful children in Collier County’s District 2. After many years building a thriving legal practice, in 2019 Andy became the Executive Vice President of the Conveyor Equipment Manufacturers Association (CEMA), an international trade association serving the manufacturers and designers of conveyor equipment. While raising a family and building a career, Andy also focused on giving back by volunteering with many different charitable and community service organizations and with economic development efforts in Collier County, including serving on the Planning Commission. He was elected to represent District 2 on the Collier County Board of Commissioners in 2016, and re-elected in 2018.
Currently, Commissioner Solis serves as Chairman of the Tourist Development Council, on the Value Adjustment Board, and as the Board liaison to the Mental Illness and Addiction Ad Hoc Advisory Committee.
“I am committed to ensuring the responsible management of the County’s growth, stewardship of its natural resources, and to working to diversify its economy so that Collier County will remain the best place to live, work and play.”
- Executive Vice President, Conveyor Equipment Manufacturers Association, 2019-present
- Director, Cohen & Grigsby, PC, 2006-2019
- Partner, Siket, Solis & Maher, P.L., 2002-2006
- Partner, Kelly, Price, Passidomo, Siket & Solis, LLP 1998-2001
- Associate, Young, van Assenderp, and Varnadoe, P.A. 1993-1998
- Law Clerk to Justice Ben F. Overton, Florida Supreme Court, 1991-1993
- Member, Collier County Planning Commission, 2015-2016
- Implementation Committee, Opportunity Naples, 2014-present
- President, Council of Hispanic Business Professionals, Inc., 2012-2015
- Board of Directors, Council of Hispanic Business Professional, Inc., 2009-2016
- President, Hispanic Council Foundation of Collier County, Inc., 2014-present
- Steering Committee, Partnership For Collier’s Economic Future, 2013-2014
- Investor Advisory Committee, Southwest Florida Economic Development Alliance, 2014-2015
- Board of Directors, Avow Hospice, Inc., 2012-2014
- Board of Directors, Collier County Bar Association
- Chair, Trial Law Section, Collier County Bar Association, 2010-2011
- President, Thomas S. Biggs American Inn of Court, 2005-2006
HONORS & ACHIEVEMENTS
- “AV Preeminent” Martindale-Hubbell rating
- 2-time All-American, University of Alabama, Tennis
- University of Alabama Tennis Hall of Fame, Inducted 1998
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- J.D., Florida State University College of Law, 1991
- B.S., Industrial Management, University of Alabama, 1986
English and Spanish
Angela Goodner, Executive Coordinator for Commissioner Andy Solis