| Andy Solis, Esq.
Born in Lakeland, raised in Gainesville, a graduate of Florida State University law school in Tallahassee (where he also was a clerk to Justice Ben Overton of the Florida Supreme Court), a resident of Naples since 1993, a proud parent to 2 graduates of Collier County’s public schools (and soon to 2 graduates of Florida’s outstanding public university system!) – County Commissioner Andy Solis has deep connections to Florida and to our beautiful Collier County.
In addition to serving as a Director with the law firm of Cohen & Grigsby and as a Board member of the Council of Hispanic Business Professionals, Andy has worked with many local charitable and non-profit organizations. Over the years, he became increasingly involved with economic development efforts in Collier County, serving on, among others, the Planning Commission, the Opportunity Naples Implementation Committee, and the Partnership for Collier’s Economic Future before being elected a County Commissioner in 2016.
Currently, Commissioner Solis serves as Chairman of the Board of County Commissioners, as the chair of the Value Adjustment Board, and as the alternate to the Public Safety Coordinating Council.
“I am committed to ensuring the responsible management of the County’s growth, stewardship of its natural resources, and to working to diversify its economy so that Collier County will remain the best place to live, work and play.”
- Director, Cohen & Grigsby, PC, 2006-present
- Partner, Siket, Solis & Maher, P.L., 2002-2006
- Partner, Kelly, Price, Passidomo, Siket & Solis, LLP 1998-2001
- Associate, Young, van Assenderp, and Varnadoe, P.A. 1993-1998
- Law Clerk to Justice Ben F. Overton, Florida Supreme Court, 1991-1993
- Member, Collier County Planning Commission, 2015-2016
- Implementation Committee, Opportunity Naples, 2014-present
- President, Council of Hispanic Business Professionals, Inc., 2012-2015
- Board of Directors, Council of Hispanic Business Professional, Inc., 2009-2016
- President, Hispanic Council Foundation of Collier County, Inc., 2014-present
- Steering Committee, Partnership For Collier’s Economic Future, 2013-2014
- Investor Advisory Committee, Southwest Florida Economic Development Alliance, 2014-2015
- Board of Directors, Avow Hospice, Inc., 2012-2014
- Board of Directors, Collier County Bar Association
- Chair, Trial Law Section, Collier County Bar Association, 2010-2011
- President, Thomas S. Biggs American Inn of Court, 2005-2006
HONORS & ACHIEVEMENTS
- “AV Preeminent” Martindale-Hubbell rating
- 2-time All-American, University of Alabama, Tennis
- University of Alabama Tennis Hall of Fame, Inducted 1998
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- J.D., Florida State University College of Law, 1991
- B.S., Industrial Management, University of Alabama, 1986
English and Spanish
Andy Solis, Esq.
Collier County Commissioner District 2
Executive Coordinator for Commissioner Andy Solis