| Andy Solis, Esq.
Andy Solis was born in Lakeland, Florida, and grew up in Gainesville, the first American-born child in a family that fled Cuba after losing everything to a Communist dictatorship. After attending the University of Alabama as a 2-time All American tennis player, Andy graduated from the Florida State University College of Law, and then clerked at the Florida Supreme Court for Justice Ben F. Overton.
Since 1993, Andy has lived, worked, and raised two wonderful children in Collier County’s District 2. After many years practicing law, he became the Executive Vice President of CEMA, an international trade association serving the manufacturers and designers of conveyor equipment. Over his decades in Collier County, Andy also focused on giving back by volunteering with many different charitable and community service organizations and with local economic development efforts, including serving on the Planning Commission. He was elected to represent District 2 on the Collier County Board of Commissioners in 2016, and re-elected in 2018.
Currently, Commissioner Solis serves as Vice Chair of the Board of County Commissioners, as Chair of the Tourist Development Council, as Chair of the Value Adjustment Board, and as the Board liaison for their Mental Illness and Addiction efforts. For the 2020 election cycle, he also serves on the Canvassing Board for the Supervisor of Elections.
“I am committed to ensuring the responsible management of the County’s growth,
stewardship of its natural resources, and to working to diversify its economy so that
Collier County will remain the best place to live, work and play.”
- Member, Collier County Planning Commission, 2015-2016
- Implementation Committee, Opportunity Naples, 2014-2016
- President, Council of Hispanic Business Professionals, Inc., 2012-2015
- Board of Directors, Council of Hispanic Business Professional, Inc., 2009-2016
- President, Hispanic Council Foundation of Collier County, Inc., 2014-present
- Steering Committee, Partnership For Collier’s Economic Future, 2013-2014
- Investor Advisory Committee, Southwest Florida Economic Development Alliance, 2014-2015
- Board of Directors, Avow Hospice, Inc., 2012-2014
- Board of Directors, Collier County Bar Association
- Chair, Trial Law Section, Collier County Bar Association, 2010-2011
- President, Thomas S. Biggs American Inn of Court, 2005-2006
HONORS & ACHIEVEMENTS
- “AV Preeminent” Martindale-Hubbell rating
- 2-time All-American, University of Alabama, Tennis
- University of Alabama Tennis Hall of Fame, Inducted 1998
- J.D., Florida State University College of Law, 1991
- B.S., Industrial Management, University of Alabama, 1986
- English and Spanish
Angela Goodner, Executive Coordinator for Commissioner Andy Solis