What is a Private Provider?
Florida Statutes define Private Provider under 553.791 Alternative plans review and inspection:
(i) “Private provider” means a person licensed as a building code administrator under part XII of chapter 468, as an engineer under chapter 471, or as an architect under chapter 481. For purposes of performing inspections under this section for additions and alterations that are limited to 1,000 square feet or less to residential buildings, the term “private provider” also includes a person who holds a standard certificate under part XII of Chapter 468.
Florida Statute 553.791(15)(b) authorizes the local government adopt a system of registration:
All required document forms, provided below, shall be used. No substitutions will be accepted, with the exception of the following, which may be provided on company letterhead:
- Letter of Acceptance by Private Provider stating services provided to fee owner
- Resumes of Private Provider and Duly Authorized Representative(s)
Private Provider Registration
Collier County requires Private Providers complete a one-time Registration with Contractor Licensing before commencing work. Private Provider is responsible for keeping registration records current.
- Registration can be submitted by email ContractorsLicensing@colliercountyfl.gov, by fax (239) 252-2459, or in person at 2800 N Horseshoe Dr., Naples, FL 34104.
- Please do not resubmit Registration documents with Project Submittal Packets.
- Private Provider Registration form.
- Private Provider Resume and copies of all Florida DBPR licenses under F.S. 471 as a Professional Engineer, F.S. 481 as an Architect, or F.S.468 as a Standard Building Code Administrator and Standard Inspector for inspections only on residential additions or alterations (of 1000 square feet or less), F.S. 553.791(i).
- All Duly Authorized Representatives’ Resumes & Employment Affidavits, signed & notarized. Also, copies of all Florida DBPR licenses of Standard Plan Examiners & Standard Inspectors that are performing inspections or plan review as authorized representatives.
- Private Provider’s Certificate of Insurance for general liability & professional insurance meeting State of Florida requirements with Collier County listed as the certificate holder, including 5 years of tail coverage for claims made on policies, per F.S. 553.791(16).
- Workmen's Compensation Insurance showing Collier County Contractor Licensing Board as the Certificate Holder and/or a copy of Workers' Comp Exemption filed with the State. NOTE: Qualifier(s)/License Holder(s) are required to be listed on the policy as “Included” or “Excluded”.
- Copy of Driver's License for Private Provider and Duly Authorized Employees.
Project Submittal Packet
Documents required with building permit application submittal:
- Notice to Building Official, signed, sealed & notarized (4 pages).
- Letter of Acceptance on company letterhead from private provider stating services provided to fee owner.
- Private Provider List of Inspections, for all trades (see lists, 4 pages). Note: All inspection reports must be filled out completely and signed by private provider or duly authorized representative, to be accepted by Collier County Building Review.
- Private Provider Plan Compliance Affidavit, signed and notarized, unless private provider is only performing building inspections for project.
- Private Provider Spot Survey Affidavit, signed & notarized.
- Private Provider General Contractor Spot Survey Affidavit, signed & notarized.
- Private Provider must submit signed and sealed plans when required by the Florida Building Code and all required copies (sets) required per Collier County Building Blocks/Bulletins for the type of construction or project being built.
Document required during inspections:
- Private Provider Inspection Reports must be filled out completely and signed by the private provider or duly authorized representative, to be accepted by Collier County Building Review.
Document required after all inspections and before Certificate of Occupancy:
- Private Provider Certificate of Compliance (request for certificate of occupancy) must be filled out completely, signed and notarized, and all required inspections reports completed and signed to be accepted by the Building Official in order to process the certificate of occupancy by Collier County.
If you have any questions, please call Collier County Building Review at (239) 252-2400.
The following documents are required to be completed prior to the issuance of any permits:
- Private Provider Notice to Building Official
- Private Provider Duly Authorized Representative Employment Affidavit
- Private Provider List of Building Inspections
- Private Provider Plan Compliance Affidavit
- Private Provider Spot Survey Affidavit
- Private Provider General Contractor Spot Survey Affidavit
- Private Provider Inspection Report
- Private Provider Certificate of Compliance (Request for CO)