Welcome to the Community & Human Services Division online. Collier County has a long history of providing services to citizens that meet family's basic needs, both health and social, when there is no other resource available to families. The Community & Human Services Division provides comprehensive services such as prescription reimbursement to those in need in addition to its recently added responsibility (as of Feb. 5, 2007) of managing affordable housing opportunities in the community. We "stretch" the service dollar to provide the most needed services to seniors and indigent including at home care.
Apartment Availability Information
Click here to view the Collier County Apartment Rental Availability Listing for July, 2018
CUSTOMER SATISFACTION SURVEYS
In order for us to service you better, we ask that you fill out a survey so that we can find out how we're doing. Please click on one of the links below and help us make your experience with the Community and Human Services Division better!
Bone Builders Survey http://bit.ly/Bone_Builders_Survey
Home Delivered Meals http://bit.ly/Home_Delivered_Meals_Survey
RSVP (Retired Seniors Volunteer Program) http://bit.ly/RSVP_Volunteer_Survey
Senior Citizens Nutrition & Activity Program http://bit.ly/Senior_Citizens_Nutrition_Activity_Program_Survey
Senior Services http://bit.ly/Senior_Services_Survey
Social Services http://bit.ly/Social_Services_Survey
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Collier County Community and Human Services (CHS) is pleased to announce a Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA) for two (2) new SHIP assisted housing programs. CHS has identified approximately $1,460,000 in SHIP funds for two (2) new programs. The SHIP allocation for FY2016-2017 has approximately $460,468 available for Rental Acquisition while the FY2017-2018 has $1,000,000 available for New Housing Construction Assistance for homeownership.
The application period to apply for these SHIP funds will begin on Monday, March 19, 2018 and will continue until 3:00 pm. on Tuesday, April 10, 2018.
SHIP funding is available to for-profit or non-profit organizations that specialize in the development, construction or rehabilitation of housing that is affordable for working families, young professionals, seniors, special needs and others that are very low, low, or moderate-income households. The housing construction assistance is for owner-occupied development and construction on infill lots or as part of a larger development. Acquisition funding is for the purchase of either single family or multi-family rental units.
For profit and non-profit organizations that apply for either SHIP program will provide a “turn-key” operation including acquisition, development, construction, rehabilitation, permitting, household income qualifications, cost reimbursement, and compliance with SHIP and local regulations.
The households targeted for rental acquisition or new homeownership construction assistance must be income qualified as very low, low, or moderate households with priorities for special needs and essential service personnel.
The applications are available below:
Paper copies of the application can be obtained at 3339 Tamiami Trail East, Suite 211 (Building H), Naples, FL 34112 or by calling CHS at 239-252-2273. Organizations or firms seeking information, technical assistance with the application, or having any questions may contact Cormac Giblin at 239-252-2399 or email at Cormac.Giblin@colliercountyfl.gov
Announcing the Collier County HUD Grant Application Cycle for FY 2018-2019
Collier County Community and Human Services Division (CHS) is pleased to announce the release of FY 2018-2019 grant application cycle. Collier County is anticipated to receive federal funds from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) for the following programs:
Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) in the estimated amount of $2,000,000
HOME Investment Partnerships Program (HOME) in the estimated amount of $450,000
Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG) in the estimated amount of $150,000
*Exact Funding amounts are to be released later this year.
The application period begins on Wednesday, January 10, 2018 and will continue through 3 p.m. Tuesday, February 20, 2018.
Applications for the CDBG and HOME programs are currently available, electronically, through the following website address:
The applications will also be accessible through the CHS website at www.colliergov.net under the CHS Main page link.
The ESG application will remain as a paper copy submission. Applications may be obtained by contacting our office.
Also attached is our FY18-19 Applicant Guide.
All applications must be consistent with the Collier County’s Preliminary Needs Assessment. More project details are provided in the FY2018-2019 Grant Applicant Guide.
Administered by HUD, this federal program funds projects that meet one or more of three national objectives:
Benefits low- and moderate-income persons or households who earn at or below 80% of the median income
Aids in the prevention or elimination of slums or blight
Qualifies as a certified urgent need
Consistent with the approved Consolidated Plan, the following types of projects/programs will be considered:
Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG):
The CHS Department, consistent with the Collier County’s Citizen Participation Plan has scheduled a public meeting meeting for:
Wednesday, January 24, 2018- 3:30pm to 4:30 - Golden Gate Community Center, Golden Gate Parkway, Naples
One-on-one technical assistance meetings are required in order to submit an application. Those interested in submitting an application for FY2018-2019 funding cycle should contact CHS and must schedule a technical assistance meeting between Jan 31 and February 2, 2018. No applications will be accepted unless a one-on-one technical assistance meeting has occurred.
Any questions/comments/changes during the technical assistance period and/or with individuals will be made publicly available after February 5, 2018 on the CHS website and through an email blast.
Should you have any questions or need additional information, please do not hesitate to contact Cormac Giblin at (239) 252-2399 or Cormac.Giblin@Colliercountyfl.gov
COLLIER COUNTY COMMUNITY AND HUMAN SERVICES DISASTER RELIEF
A limited pool of State Housing Initiatives Partnership (SHIP) funds are being made available at varying income levels to assist homeowners with damages resulting from Hurricane Irma. All households will need to income qualify. Shown below is the maximum household income by number of persons in the household.
Income Limit by Number of Persons in Household
Note: This chart is only intended to show the maximum qualifying household income. It is not intended to convey that all eligible households earning this income level will be awarded funding. Funds are required to be allocated at varying income levels (those earning 30% AMI, 50% AMI, and 80% AMI), per Florida Statute.
There are three programs available:
- Disaster mitigation requires a completed application by November 9, 2017. A completed application requires that all documents have been provided and validated. This program is for damage that insurance is paying for but you may qualify for payment of your insurance deductible. This program also provides for reimbursement for repairs for damage that you have already paid for (receipts must be provided and repairs must meet code requirements), or repairs you are planning to pay for. A maximum award for this program is $15,000, and these funds will be awarded as a grant. Funds are only available for owner occupied structures that are single family or mobile/manufactured housing that are permanently affixed. If a mobile/manufactured home, this program is only eligible for units manufactured after 7/13/1994. It will be required that the applicants demonstrate they do not have other means to pay for these items such as FEMA reimbursement or insurance reimbursement and also complete a duplication of benefits form and sign a homeowner agreement.
- Owner occupied rehabilitation is available for repairs to owner occupied mobile/manufactured or multi family or single family homes in need of repairs to correct code violations, health and safety, electrical, plumbing, roofing, HVAC, windows and other structural repairs up to $50,000. The county will assess the needed repairs and the County’s subrecipient will contract for the repairs, working in conjunction with the homeowner. These funds will be awarded as a 15 year 0% interest rate loan.
- Demolition and Replacement of Site Built Mobile/Manufactured Housing is available for owner occupied mobile/manufactured homes (after any insurance proceeds). If a mobile/manufactured home, this program is only eligible for units manufactured after 7/13/1994. This program is accepting applications only and is awaiting State of Florida FHC approval. Funds are only available for owner occupied structures that are that are beyond rehabilitation or repair, are site built, permanently affixed. A maximum award for this program is $75,000, and will be awarded as a 15 year 0% interest rate loan. This is available only to those units determined to be un-inhabitable via county red tag or insurance adjuster.
For all three of these programs
- Applications will be awarded on a first come, first qualified basis. It is essential that applicants work quickly to provide complete information for their applications to be considered. All residents in Collier County are eligible for the programs. Applications can be obtained on this page below.
- Income qualifications will apply for the entire household all members 18 and older.
- There is limited funding available, and funding is allocated amongst income levels and programs as required by the funder and as approved in the local LHAP.
- All household members over the age of 18 must be present for an intake interview.
- In the event there is any inconsistency in information published or provided, funding regulations and the approved LHAP will prevail.
- All applicants must be US citizens or Legal Permanent Residents and provide documentation
- Application processing for the disaster program will take 60-90 days for approval and 120 days for owner occupied rehabilitation
- This notification is not intended as complete instructions for program application or qualification. That will be explained in the application package and in the intake interviews.
General Site information
General Information 239-252-2273
Collier County takes applications during normal business hours at its office at Community and Human Services, 3339 Tamiami Trail East, Room 211, Naples Florida, 34112.
To facilitate taking applications in areas hardest hit, two additional temporary sites are being established as noted below:
Everglades City: Everglades Air Park located in Everglades City 650 E. C. Airpark Road Every Glade City Florida 34139
Immokalee: Roberts Center 905 Roberts Ave West Immokalee Florida 34142
Hours of Operation for Everglades City and Immokalee Sites:
Wednesday 10/11/17: 1:30- 6:30 pm
Thursday 10/12/17 – Wednesday 10/18/17 9:30 am to 6:30 pm; closed from 12:00 – 1:30 pm daily
No admittance after 5:30 PM in order to serve those waiting
For the SHIP Disaster Recovery Application Click Here
For the SHIP Rehab Application Click Here
NOTICE OF SHIP ANNUAL REPORT FOR CLOSEOUT YEAR FY 13/14 & INTERIM REPORTS
The State Housing Initiatives Partnership Program (SHIP), a state affordable housing program, offers assistance to first time homebuyers for use toward a portion of the required down payment and emergency repairs to the newly acquired home.
The Collier County Community and Human Services Division has completed the SHIP Annual Report for Closeout year 13/14 and interim years 14/15 and 15/16. Section 420.9075(10), Florida Statutes requires participants in the SHIP program to submit an annual report signed by the county’s chief elected official, or his or her designee, to certify that the local housing incentive strategies and the local housing incentive plan have been implemented or are in the process of being implemented.
This report is available for public review and comment. Citizen comment period for this report is fifteen (15) days from the date of this publication and may be made to Priscilla Doria, Grant Coordinator, by phone at 239-252-5312, or by email at PriscillaDoria@colliergov.net. Copies of the annual report can be picked up at 3339 East Tamiami Trail Suite 211 Building H, Naples Florida 34112 or download from the Collier County Community and Human Services webpage at www.colliergov.net.
Date of publication: August 13, 2016
Click here to see the SHIP Annual Report 2013-14
Click here to see the SHIP Annual Report 2014-15
Click here to see the SHIP Annual Report 2015-16
COMMUNITY AND HUMAN SERVICES WINS THE 2015 AUDREY NELSON COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT ACHIEVEMENT AWARD
On January 23, 2015, the National Community Development Association (NCDA) recognized the winners of the 2015 Audrey Nelson Community Development Achievement Award during an awards luncheon at the NCDA Winter Conference in Washington, DC. Collier County received an award for the completion of the First Street Plaza Project - Zocalo.
This project is in Immokalee, an unincorporated area located in northern Collier County. The median income is $24,315. The Immokalee Community Redevelopment Agency was awarded $979,000 in CDBG funding to acquire two parcels for the development of the First Street Plaza – Zolaco. The Plaza is a gathering area/park that is located in the downtown. The First Street Plaza was created as a comprehensive vision for the future of Immokalee. The Plaza has created a greater livable community that creates a gateway to the downtown business community.
Our Director, Kimberley Grant, Manager of Federal/State Grants, Kristi Sonntag, Brad Muckel, Immokalee CRA Operations Manager and Architect David Corban accepting the award from the staff of the NCDA.
Click Here to view the entire press release.
NEW EMERGENCY SOLUTIONS GRANT RENTAL/UTILITY PROGRAM
Effective January 1, 2017 the Emergency Solutions Grant has run out of funds. We will NOT be accepting any applications until further notice. We do not expect any new funding until October, 2017. To be put on a waiting list, please call 239-252-2273.
Final Copy of the FY 15-16 HUD Annual Action Plan
Draft Copy of the FY 17-18 HUD Annual Action Plan