Share The Experiences of Your Lifetime.
RSVP of Collier County invites you to receive the joys of volunteering! The Retired And Senior Volunteer Program provides an opportunity for seniors and retirees age 55 years or older to make a difference in their community.
Your individual interests, skills and knowledge are matched to a volunteer effort that is most suitable for you. RSVP represents over a hundred different non-profit agencies, schools and county government. You can be placed in a meaningful and satisfying position with one of the agencies that needs your help, expertise and experience.
WHAT IS RSVP?
RSVP is an invitation to serve. It is a national program designed to provide opportunities for persons 55 and older who want to continue to remain actively involved in the life of their community. There are no educational, income or experience requirements. Volunteers can be any race, creed, nationality, or political affiliation. There are NO dues or membership fees, and no meetings to attend. Although there is no minimum number of hours per week required, most members serve at least one-half day per week (4 hours) at one of the participating agencies where they choose to volunteer. The aim is to develop specific volunteer opportunities that utilize the particular skills and interests of each individual volunteer with an eye to what needs to get done in our community. Depending upon the area in which you live and where you choose to serve, a volunteer coordinator is available to help you get started and to ensure complete satisfaction with your assignment. If any changes are needed to help you become more comfortable or to enable you to upgrade your volunteer work allowing for greater personal growth, your coordinator can assist you with this also.
To date, approximately 1,900 volunteers have contributed over 1 million hours at 153 different volunteer stations across Collier County. According to the IRS, this equates to a savings of $22.5 million to our county because of the time, talent and energy our volunteers dedicate to making a difference. Locally, over 150 RSVP volunteers are engaged in meaningful community service activities in the following focus areas:
- Disaster Services – Concerns regarding the preparation, mitigation, response, and recovery efforts that relate to disaster events
- Economic Opportunity- Addresses unmet needs of economically disadvantaged individuals, including financial literacy, affordable housing, and employment-related assistance
- Environmental Stewardship- Matters regarding energy and water efficiency, renewable energy use, at-risk ecosystems, and behavioral change leading to increased efficiency
- Education – Topics related to unmet educational needs within communities, especially those that help at-risk youth to achieve success in school and prevent them from dropping out
- Healthy Futures – Addresses unmet health needs, including access to health care, increasing physical activity and improving nutrition in youth, and increasing seniors’ ability to remain in their own home
- Veterans and Military Families – Addresses unmet needs of veterans, members of the armed forces and family members of deployed military personnel
If you are interested in joining RSVP, please fill out the application below:
English Version Application
Spanish Version Application
If you participate in the RSVP Program, please take the following survey to help us learn how we can serve you better: http://bit.ly/RSVP_Volunteer_Survey
If you participate in our Bone Builders Program, please take the following survey to help us learn how we can serve you better: http://bit.ly/Bone_Builders_Survey
Watch the video below and find out what you're missing!!
If you are interested in joining RSVP of Collier County or becoming an RSVP Volunteer Station please contact:
3339 E. Tamiami Trail, Building H, Suite 211
Naples, Florida 34112