|COLLIER COUNTY PET-FRIENDLY
EMERGENCY SHELTER INFORMATION
When you purchase your required County Rabies/License Tag, your licensed pets are automatically pre-registered for the Pet Friendly Shelters. If your pet is not currently licensed, you may purchase their license online or by phone. For more information, please visit:
Collier County Domestic Animal Services, in conjunction with the Collier County Bureau of Emergency Services, offers pet-friendly sheltering at various locations throughout Collier County in the event of a disaster.
Admission is first-come, first-serve for Collier County residents and their pets with a current County Rabies/License Tag. Capacity for designated shelters vary and space is limited. Only cats and dogs are accepted at these shelters.
The Pet-Friendly Shelters open as directed by the Bureau of Emergency Services and locations will be announced once activated.
Download a list of hotels in Collier County that accept pets or a list of commercial boarding facilities for family planning if you’re required to evacuate and elect not to use a Pet Friendly Shelter.
We ask that you prepare and plan ahead of time for your pets in the event of a disaster. Pets are part of your family and it is important that you include them in your sheltering and evacuation plans.
RULES OF COLLIER COUNTY'S PET-FRIENDLY SHELTERS
• Owner must remain at the Pet Friendly shelter the entire time their pet is at the shelter
• Owner must provide PROOF OF A CURRENT COUNTY RABIES/LICENSE AT TIME OF EVENT
• Owner is responsible for caring/feeding/sanitation of pet before, during and after the event
• Owner is responsible for providing at minimum, 3 day supply of food, water, cleaning supplies, appropriate size solid crate, and medication(s). The crate must be large enough for the animal to remain confined in before, during and after the event; for cats, this must include enough room for both your cat and its litter box.
• Any animal abandoned at a pet-friendly shelter for more than twelve (12) hours will be transferred to Domestic Animal Services
• Sick or contagious pets will not be accepted at the pet-friendly shelter
• Owner agrees to adhere to the rules of the pet-friendly shelter
• Owner must be at least 18 years of age and provide a driver license or photo ID for admission to the shelter
• Owner is required to sign a sheltering agreement and adhere to all requirements