|COLLIER COUNTY PET-FRIENDLY
EMERGENCY SHELTER INFORMATION
Collier County Domestic Animal Services, in conjunction with the Collier County Bureau of Emergency Services, is offering a pet-friendly shelter, located at North Collier Regional Park, 15000 Livingston Road, Naples, FL in the event of a disaster.
Admission is first-come, first-serve for Collier County residents. Capacity for the shelter is 75 animals.
Only cats and dogs are accepted at this time.
The Pet-Friendly Shelter opens as directed by the Bureau of Emergency Services.
Download a list of hotels in Collier County that accept pets or a list of commercial boarding facilities for family planning if you do not choose use the Pet-Friendly Shelter.
We ask that you take your pets with you during evacuation since they are part of your family.
|RULES OF COLLIER COUNTY'S PET-FRIENDLY SHELTER|
• Owner must remain at the North Collier Regional Park human shelter the entire time their pet is at the shelter
• Owner must provide PROOF OF CURRENT VACCINATIONS AND A CURRENT COUNTY LICENSE AT TIME OF STORM
• Owner is responsible for caring/feeding/sanitation of pet before and after the storm
• Owner is responsible for providing their pet's food/cleaning supplies/water/crate/medication(s). The crate must be large enough for the animal to remain confined in before, during and after the storm; for cats, this must include enough room for both your cat and it's litter box.
• Any animal abandoned at the pet-friendly shelter will be moved to Domestic Animal Services
• Sick or contagious pets will not be accepted at the pet-friendly shelter
• Owner must provide picture identification for admission to the shelter
• Owner agrees to adhere to the rules of the pet-friendly shelter
• Owner must be at least 18 years of age and provide a driver license or photo ID
• Owner is required to sign a sheltering agreement to allow their pet to be handled/cared for/moved as required during the emergency