This page will be updated with information, helps and strategies for your consideration to make your FIREWISE. If you live in an area where you are vulnerable to the wildland fire threat you should pay particular attention to these helps.
During the wildfire season you need to be aware of your daily weather. Low humidity and winds are not your friends. Also, be aware of the drought index for your area (see Click here for definition). How susceptible are the fuels to being ignited? The higher the number, the drier the soil and fuels. Collier County is in the Caloosahatchee District.
|You need to prepare and maintain your home in FIREWISE condition.|
Other useful resources:
- Firewise Resources for the Homeowner
- Are you Firewise Florida Brochure
- Florida Forest Service
- Weather @ Golden Gate Fire Sta. # 71
- Fire Weather Forecast from Miami Weather Office
- South Florida Water Management Weather Report
- National Integrated Drought Information System (NIDIS)