- Tall-climbing, twining vine with heart-shaped leaves;
- Forms potato-like tubers of variable size;
- Stems to 66 feet or more in length
- Central and South Florida;
- Most habitats;
Reasons To Removed:
- Can quickly engulf native vegetation, climbing high into mature tree canopies damaging supporting plants;
- Produces large numbers of aerial tubers accelerating its spread.
Method Of Removal:
- Manual removal of plant;
- Inspect area and remove tubers;
- Follow up visits are necessary to assure removal.
Content updated Date June 18, 2004