- The District Twenty Medical Examiner is accepting applications for autopsy technician level 1 or 2.
- Please note that employees of the District Twenty Medical Examiner are not county or state employees and do not qualify to receive Florida retirement benefits, but full-time staff receive benefits, which includes health insurance paid by employer at 80% , retirement, paid time off and paid holidays.
- Applicant must reside in Collier County or up to South Fort Myers in Lee County.
- Salary range for starting technician 1 is $15.00 to 17.00 an hour, depending on experience.
- Overtime pay provided for time worked over 40 hours within the same work week in accordance with state and federal laws.
- Must be able to work on-call rotating weekends.
Education and Experience
- Preferred experience in the following areas: assisting autopsies at a medical examiner's office or pathology laboratory, forensic photography, medical examiner investigations or in forensic anthropology.
Once trained, employee will be expected to:
- Assist with autopsies during weekday business hours and rotating on-call weekends and rotating holidays.
- Prepare the autopsy suite and the body for autopsy, take forensic photographs before and during autopsies, take x-rays, as needed, and post autopsy cleaning of the autopsy area.
- Is responsible for record keeping, labeling, storing and maintaining chain of evidence of all specimens.
- Carry out other morgue duties, as necessary.
- Must be able to move a deceased person unassisted that weighs up to 200 pounds.
- Must be intelligent, able to properly communicate verbally and in writing. Excellent organization skills required for success.
- Able to work under pressure without losing composure.
- Must be honest, trustworthy, reliable and punctual.
- Must have respect for the deceased at all times.
- Must be hard-working and polite.
- Must be flexible and willing to assist co-workers, whenever needed.
- Read and write English proficiently.
- Must be computer literate.
Please send your resume and references with addresses and phone numbers to: naplesME@d20me.net.
Resume must include your present and last 3 employers. There is no application form.