Medico-Legal Death Investigator
- The District Twenty Medical Examiner is accepting applications for medico-legal death investigator level 1 or 2.
Please note that employees of the District Twenty Medical Examiner are not county or state employees and do not qualify to receive Florida retirement benefits, but full-time staff receive benefits, which includes health insurance paid by employer at 80% , retirement, paid time off and paid holidays.
Applicant must reside in Collier County or up to South Fort Myers in Lee County.
- Salary range for Investigator 1 is $16.00 to 18.00 an hour, depending on experience.
- Overtime pay provided for time worked over 40 hours within the same work week in accordance with state and federal laws.
- Must be able to work on-call rotating weekends.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, Associates Required
- Preferred experience working in a medical examiner’s office or pathology office. Medical offices, veterinarian, hospital, anthropology programs will be considered.
- Bilingual, Spanish speakers preferred.
Once trained, employee will be expected to:
- Gather, provide and prioritize information from and to the doctors and other sources.
- Write detailed summary reports, communicate with staff, obtain medical records and assist with gathering information and records to positively identify decedents when applicable.
- Complete death certificates and process information for funeral homes and other agencies.
- Assist with telephone inquiries and respond to public inquiries.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication and documentation skills.
- Able to work with bereaved families with respect and compassion.
- Able to work under pressure and to multi-task without losing composure.
- Must read and write English proficiently.
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
- Must be computer literate.
- Must be available to receive and respond to telephone inquiries from home in the evenings, weekends and holidays on rotating on-call shifts.
Please send your resume and references with addresses and phone numbers to: naplesME@d20me.net.
Resume must include your present and last 3 employers. There is no application form.