CAT has bike racks mounted on the front of every bus. The racks are easy and safe to use, and there is no extra charge. Each rack holds two bikes. You must be able to load and unload your bike without assistance, because the driver is not able to leave the bus.
• As the bus approaches, have your bike ready to load; remove any items that could fall off (bike pump, water
bottle, etc.) Always approach the bus from the curb side.
• Tell the bus driver that you are loading a bike.
• Load from the front of the bus -- DO NOT step into oncoming traffic.
• Children 10 and younger must be accompanied by an adult to load and unload bikes.
• Motorized bikes are not allowed.
• We cannot carry bicycles with child seats, large carriers or baskets, or any other attachment that will interfere
with the driver's visibility.
1. Squeeze handle to release the latch and pull down the folded bike rack.
2. Lift bike onto the rack, putting the front and rear wheels in the marked slots. Please load the rack nearest the
bus first. The front wheel of the bike closest to the bus should face curbside. The front wheel of the second
bicycle must face in the opposite direction. You can load/unload the rack nearest the bus without unloading
the bike in front.
3. Raise the support arm, as far up on the wheel as you can, making sure it is resting on your front tire, not on
the fender or frame.
1. Tell the driver you need to unload your bike and use the front door to exit the bus.
2. Raise the support arm off the tire. The support arm automatically folds down to a secure position. Lift out your
bike. Watch for oncoming traffic!
3. Please fold up the rack if it is empty. It will automatically lock in place.
4. Step off the street until the bus passes. Do not cross in front of the bus.
Some foldable bikes may be permitted on board the bus. They must be certified by CAT before they can be brought on board. Please bring your foldable bike to one of the Collier Area Transit Transfer Stations (8300 Radio Road or 3555 Tamiami Trail East) to be inspected at no charge. If approved, a sticker will be placed on the bike permitting you to bring it on board.
The Transfer Station is open Monday through Saturday from 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. The Transfer Station is closed on Sundays.
Collier Area Transit assumes no liability for injuries or damages incurred to bicycles, personal property or persons while using the racks or riding the bus.