Collier County offices will be closed on Monday, May 28 in observation of Memorial Day, honoring those who have died in service of the United States of America.

Pollutant Storage Tank - FAQ's

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Q: Where Can I find a cleanup report or compliance inspection report for a facility?

A:  You can review our hardcopy files in our office or visit the online library OCULUS.  To visit our office for a file review, please call 239-252-2508.  It is important to note that some older file may only be present in the hardcopy files.

Q:  Am I required to have an emergency generator at my station so that my station can still fuel vehicles in a power outage?

A:  It is dependent on the number of dispensers at your facility and the location of your facility.  Emergency Power Requirements for Fueling Stations Near Evacuation Routes

Q: Where can I find NFPA 30/30A and the rules 62-761 (underground tanks) 62-761 (aboveground tanks) in the Florida Administrative Codes governing my facility and the related forms such as the Discharge Reporting Form, Incident Notification Form and Registration Form?

A:  Click Forms & Rules Related to Pollutant Storage Tank Regulation  

                 Purchase or View Online NFPA 30/30A

Q:  Can I use any tank, piping or other equipment at my discretion?

A:  Yes and No.  You may choose your equipment at your discretion but it must be listed on the FDEP approved equipment list if it is a 62-761/762 regulated tank. 

Approved Equipment for Regulated Pollutant Storage Tanks 

Q:  How much insurance do I need for my tank or can I use another mechanism for financial responsibility such as self-insurance?

A:  The required amounts of coverage vary with the facility's capacity and whether the tanks are aboveground or underground. 

Insurance, Coverage Requirements, and other Mechanisms of Financial Responsibility for Pollutant Tanks 

Q:  Do I need to treat ethanol fuel differently than non-ethanol fuel.

A:  Yes you do.  

Ethanol Information Resource